1997 q45 rough idling and gear slipping

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
charmessence
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

1997 q45 rough idling after putting cheap gas(raceway gas station) in it. Any suggestions on a fuel injector cleaner or what to do to get rid of the knock and pigging. Also on a cold start slipping in gear....should i try seafoam?

protecautocare
Car: BMW Z4

Depends if you want to actually take care of your problem or not. Seafoam won't really help.

If you have gotten some bad gas, it more than likely has polymeric residue inside it and you need to thoroughly deep clean to your entire fuel system with a professional grade cleaner.

The knock and ping also indicate this gas might have its octane numbers off too. Sadly, there are dozens upon dozens of cases of gas station owners dumping water in their gas stations holding tanks to dilute the gas and make an extra buck. If that's the case, then you'll also need a fuel system cleaner that bonds to the water that's now in your fuel system.

This is the best fuel injector and fuel system cleaner to thoroughly clean your vehicle, remove any contamination and water: https://www.protecautocare.com/motor-ve ... or-cleaner Use one can, it'll take care of your issues if they are related to the fuel. Hope this helps.

charmessence

Thanks protecautocare I really appreciate your advice and help!

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Protec, looks like your selling your product here to unsuspecting members, expect some moderators to come down on that..however, I dump a Chevron Techron into my tanks regularly. How about telling us why your product is better and offering up some discount codes for us members?????????

charmessence

Thannks BadQ45t! I used some Techron not to long ago and it did what it was supposed to do!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”