1995 Q45 was Stolen then Recovered What To Do Next

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
brx
Car: 1995 Q45

1995 Q45 was Stolen then Recovered What To Do Next

My baby was stolen in December, recovered, then I was finally notified and got the car back this week. Police have finger printed the car and the insurance adjuster did a first glance before the cops arrived at the repair shop. I still have to call Texas to say the car is not stolen and renew the now expired registration. Insurance should be good thru June.

Issues: the 3 slashed tires and messed up wheel rims / aluminum wheels - they are all replaceable.
Not sure what the best route or source is to do the wheel replacement or repair. Tires were from Sam's Club.
Any suggestions for new tires, size, etc. The car is in New Orleans now, but might be moved up to DC area in a month. Probably not going back to Texas.
Some interior damage, nothing that looked major. But new torn leather on the driver door and driver seat. Who / how etc to get that fixed.
The front dome light was torn out, but likely an easy repair. Fix up is being handled by me long distance. I know the auto mechanic but not the body shop next door.
There was some suspension damage. Maybe the thief hit a curb real hard before the car was abandoned.
Should be repairable.
There is a new star shaped paint crack and maybe dent on the hood 1/3 way back on passenger side. Q small dent.
Sounds like some body shop work and a paint job. Dent at the rear bumper too.
Sunglasses etc stolen.

I am very lucky that it was not worse.

88K miles more or less. Insurance was offering about $2750 before the recovery to close the claim for theft. The insurance inspector thinks the repairs are going to be over this or some other lesser value and was talking to the shop about a salvage title.

Should I accept less from insurance and keep a regular title or let them do a "full payout" and be stuck with a salvage title? Do I even have a choice?
Is it worth collision insurance cost anymore?

Never recovered the key nor key fob. So some dirt bag could steal the car again. What should I do next? Should I have Infiniti re key the doors and do a new key fob? Lojack, Kill switch, etc.....

Any advice appreciated

BCC93QT
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45

88k miles, New suitable rims/tires for the win! If you are moving out of the area don't bother with anti theft. Other than the "nico" fuel kill switch. Of course the insurance adjuster said the repairs are beyond said amount, their job is to junk cars. Who on this board has a G50 with 90k miles or less? Keep it. As long as you can accept the vehicle given the fact it was stolen. $2750 is "fair" depending on who you ask. Either expect to put $2750+ in it to get it operational or accept the insurance offer for $2750 cash. You can lease many mid sized cars for under $200 a month with $2750 but will never experience the nostalgia of a Q45. Pics and actual location posted on this board may help you in your efforts

Keep the Q45 if it does not put you in a financial burden. This model vehicle will reward you if you seek it. Interior/exterior damage may be easier to fix depending on where you end up living.

PICS before/after?

brx

Agreed. Thx. I want to keep my car.
I do not have any good pics of the car before fix up. The auto repair place is waiting for the insurance adjuster to return.
The repair guy told me to accept the salvage title as the repairs might hit 4K. 2K plus from insurance. So I should only be out under 2500 including costs for some dent and paint repairs, interior fix up and higher insurance rates to follow.

We have a better idea of damages now, more than we knew about last night. On the lift more damage was noted. The scumbag who stole the car must have joyrided it and wiped out on a big curb or such.

Known damage:

3 wheels and tires. Probably need to get 4 in order to match. The full spare I had in the trunk is still there. So maybe 2 tires and 2 good wheels will get it going. Need 4 of the small hubcaps. (Still have the mini spare)

Entire rear subframe and suspension had some damage / stuff was bent. Links and shocks also need to be replaced.

Entire RT front suspension has to be replaced. Only the driver tire, wheel, and I guess suspension survived.

Struts,control arm, and links have to be replaced. I am not sure if this was just for RT front area.

Some damage to the ?plate under the engine, But no obvious oil leak, etc.

If anybody has a line on where to get these parts and shipping costs to New Orleans 70112 give me a holler. FYI – my 1995 Q45, built in 1994, is ½ 1994 and ½ 1995 per parts.

THX NICO forum 

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

No idea on shipping but I just pulled the driveline from a 1995 and also am not below pulling parts from my complete 94, suspension is complete on both and for sale although I believe (between both cars)most of the struts are completely devoid of oil and the tension rod bushings are likely bad otherwise I drove both cars about 750 miles.

I am In 33411 Florida if you want to investigate
edsworld@bellsouth dot net

brx

Thx for the reply, I am also trying to sort things out too. Are you near Wellington?

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

Very close by

brx

Private message sent

94Q45Beast
Car: 1994 INFINITI Q45t w/HICAS
1992 INFINITI Q45
2017 INFINITI Q70S AWD BLACK ON BLACK

I have a lower intake manifold from a 94 Q for #1 injector port

94Q45Beast
1992 INFINITI Q45

I can pull parts out of a 95Q from a pull a part, give me a list and I'll see what I can get my hands on and over price it to you (jk)

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Not sure that I wouldn't cut my losses and run... sucks either way.

Here's the best deal going on a new ignition switch and key.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Ignitio ... 11&vxp=mtr

brx

Thank you !

I will be the first to admit that even after the repairs, I do not expect my baby to be exactly as good as before. But I think it should be close. Not sure how much I will have to pay out of pocket. Plus my insurance rates will go up. I assume I will be left with a salvage title, so I guess the car will be ineligible for collision insurance in the future. It will likely need a good (and expensive) paint job as well. So yes, lots of negatives.

On the positive side, the car was well cared for before the theft and had low miles. Yup, a bunch of minor issues, but can you think of a teenager without issues?

I guess this is the time to get any other parts and "stuff".

So, here are some additional items I think I should look for:

- door locks / cylinders and ignition lock, plus keys and key fob (My original key and fob were not recovered). I hope the fob can be reprogrammed.
- the little tiny knob for controlling the position of the steering wheel, on the ?left side of the steering column
- those 2 hydrolic like rods that keep the hood open
- maybe the leather panels or just the leather for the driver door "elbow rest"
- maybe even the front seats if the leather is in great shape
- maybe the 90 mm air intake with the sensor
- new speakers with those crappy Bose mini amps that keep failing
- CD changer for the trunk or some equivalent
- front plastic driving light lens covers
- I do not remember if the roof wind deflector is still there or not

Any other suggestions appreciated.
Thanks everybody :)

"Red beans and ricely yours" (Satchmo)

From NOLA with love

94Q45Beast
1992 INFINITI Q45

ok I'll see what I can get at the pull a part, btw. I would consider changing all fluids. just to be safe. I know some people out there like to throw saw dust in the crank case when there done with the stolen car. if your gonna change the engine oil, I recommend Penz Oil platinum or Ultra Platinum with pure plus tech. after flushing the crank case.

94Q45Beast
1992 INFINITI Q45

as for the slashed tires, LEXANI LXTR-103 P215/65R15 96V seems pretty good, well...its what i'm about to put on my Q

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”