1995 Nissan D21 Hardbody Extended Cab 4 Wheel Drive V6 3.0

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Dadrummer77
Car: 1995 Nissan Pickup Extended Cab D-21/Frontier 4 Wheel Drive, Automatic. V6 3.0 Vg30E.

:wtf2: :whistle: :wtf2: :wtf2: Hey I just bought 1995 Nissan Extended Cab Hardbody D21/Frontier with 4 wheel drive 3.0 V6. Trying to do some frontend work on, started the work on it yesterday, and are doing lower balljoints, got balljoint unbolted and ready to pull out and the cv joint driveaxle is right in the way of getting it out and even putting the new one back in. The repair manual I bought from advanced auto parts is not explaining anything about the driveaxle being removed from the hub and swing out of the way to free up space to get lower balljoint into place?? What do I need to do to get this old balljoint out & new one in?? Is the only way pulling the axle from the hub, and if so what do u need to take off to pull the axle out?? Can u reuse same parts putting it back together after balljoint is in place?? Is there any tricks to getting this balljoint without the axle from the hub!! Anyone have any input on what to do?? My truck is on a jack in my driveway & gone to start working back on it today!! Also wanted to replace my rotors and brakes & realized the hub is holding the rotor on!! Frigging ridiculous to get these parts on this truck!! Any pointers on these balljoints coming out a quicker or I'm missing something!!

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

I'm sorry man, not a lot of experience with 4WD models, but hopefully someone else has done this and can get in here and help ya out!

Dadrummer77
Car: 1995 Nissan Pickup Extended Cab D-21/Frontier 4 Wheel Drive, Automatic. V6 3.0 Vg30E.

Thanks anyway man, the truck is done already figured it out, but still need to replace upper balljoints, swaybar bushings, and my 2 front cv joint boots are ripped but no clicking yet, but need to have done!! The truck has 260,000 miles on it original motor & transmission!! Thanks 4 replying anyway!!

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

I am moving this to Nissan trucks, I think your question has a better chance of being addressed here. I do believe the only way to get that BJ out is to remove the axle shaft from the hub.

Here's a link the the front axle section of the Nissan factory service manual.
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/pathfinder/ ... der/fa.pdf

That should shed some light on your question. Other members here may have some tips and tricks to help you out as well.

Dadrummer77

U didn't answer my question about doing my sway bar bushings while truck is still on the ground with the wheels still on, or do I have 2 jack the truck & take wheels off to do my sway bar bushings?? Can I do them without jacking truck up & taking the wheels off!! I know the sway bar bushing kit is only a bolt, washers, & bushings!! I picked up moog heavy duty sway bar bushing kit!! Can I unbolt them & install new ones while truck is on the ground?? Thanks man!! Dadrummer77/Donnie

Rev_D21
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Sway bar bushings on a 4wd can be done with the truck on the ground but might be easier if it is lifted. No need to remove the wheels.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDsPvF3J1GM[/youtube]

MilkMan
Car: 97 Hardbody

Dadrummer77 wrote::wtf2: :whistle: :wtf2: :wtf2: Hey I just bought 1995 Nissan Extended Cab Hardbody D21/Frontier with 4 wheel drive 3.0 V6. Trying to do some frontend work on, started the work on it yesterday, and are doing lower balljoints, got balljoint unbolted and ready to pull out and the cv joint driveaxle is right in the way of getting it out and even putting the new one back in. The repair manual I bought from advanced auto parts is not explaining anything about the driveaxle being removed from the hub and swing out of the way to free up space to get lower balljoint into place?? What do I need to do to get this old balljoint out & new one in?? Is the only way pulling the axle from the hub, and if so what do u need to take off to pull the axle out?? Can u reuse same parts putting it back together after balljoint is in place?? Is there any tricks to getting this balljoint without the axle from the hub!! Anyone have any input on what to do?? My truck is on a jack in my driveway & gone to start working back on it today!! Also wanted to replace my rotors and brakes & realized the hub is holding the rotor on!! Frigging ridiculous to get these parts on this truck!! Any pointers on these balljoints coming out a quicker or I'm missing something!!

You can get a free FSM from PDF Town. The password is "PDFTOWN" I downloaded one for my 97, and its very extensive! To bad you wern't closer. I have a paper FSM for a 94-95 I bought off ebay assuming my 97 would be exaxtly the same. Its not. 94-95 is OBD1... 97 is OBD2, so I have a free paper FSM for anyone to anyone passing through South East Idaho. :)

Rev_D21
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

NICO actually has pdf versions of many Nissan factory manuals, PDFTown probably borrowed from us.

www.nicoclub.com/FSM to see all the manuals we have to offer.

MilkMan
Car: 97 Hardbody

Reverend D21 wrote:NICO actually has pdf versions of many Nissan factory manuals, PDFTown probably borrowed from us.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM to see all the manuals we have to offer.

Cool THX!! I will pass the word. :gapteeth:

Dadrummer77

Hey what's up everyone?? Just put my rear 6.5 Pioneer After Market speakers in the rear of my 1995 Nissan Hardbody D-21 Extended Cab 4 Wheel Drive!! I just realized after putting the speakers in and the only way to mount a aftermarket speaker in the cab is to use the round filler piece that covered the old factory speaker!! I try mounting the speaker without the filler piece & just use the Pioneer Grill they give u with the speaker & forget that, the new speaker magnet is bigger depth so it his the back of the cab causing it to stick & look like s***!! So I took the grill off the factory filler piece which they come right off of it & just used the gray filler piece again & mounted the Pioneer speaker & the pioneer grill that comes with the speaker right to the filler piece, which worked out find. After I sat down and relaxed fir a bit I'm thinking to myself oh s*** is the seat gone to clear the speaker now when I pull it out for my kids when I pick them up every other weekend!! So I go back out to my truck & check if the seat will clear when I pull it down & what do u know, nope it down clear the speaker sticks out much further now being it's after market & the magnet on the back if the speaker is much bigger then factory speaker!! So the only thing I can do is just leave the seats down in the cab I guess!! Anybody ever deal with this situation with a extended cab trying to replace their rear speakers?? Anyone got any goid suggestions or ideals, Please let me know!! The speakers are installed but I got to leave the back cab seats down now!! Thanks guys!! Anybody got suggestions, Please give me a Holla & reply to this post!! Thanks!! Dadrummer77/ Donnie.

Dadrummer77

Hey everyone!! Anybody no how to fix my door all of a sudden won't shut now!!! It was just fine 20 mins ago , now I go to close my drivers side door and it's not catching the latch all of a sudden!!

Dadrummer77

I notice that the striker, I guess that's what u call it on the inside of the frame that the door latch catches on their is a hard black plastic I guess that broke away and is cracked will that cause the door all of a sudden out of no where to not catch now?? Please Reply!! Thanks Everyone!!

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”