1994 G20 Clutch slipping with new clutch.

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
underplay
Car: 1994 G20 Infiniti

What's up guys, Me and my step dad just replaced the clutch on my 1994 G20 Infiniti with a new one about a couple of months ago, and now its slipping, for example in 1st or 2nd it will gain some speed but then the wheels will randomly stop moving and the rmp's will shoot up. I have to re-shift and mess with the clutch a little for it to catch. Or if i shoot the rpm's up in 1st and 2nd then usually there is no slipping.

I *think* I remember this happening when we installed the new clutch, and my step dad tightened the clutch wire and this disappeared. Should i tighten it more?

Another question, the emissions light has been turned on for about a month, in the manual if i remember correctly it said that its nothing serious, so can you guys give me some tips on what i can check/do to get this light off(I don't think its related to the clutch slipping)? In case you haven't noticed im car illiterate.

Thanks for any advice, its much appreciated.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I'd check the clutch assembly and make sure everything was tightened down. You could try what your dad did first and see.

If the light isn't flashing, it's not urgent. Go to Autozone or whatever local parts chain you have and have them check the code. It probably isn't related to the slippage.

Welcome to NICO!

NSR_s30
Car: '99 Ford F250 7.3L Diesel, '71 Datsun 240Z

Is it hydraulic? If so you might have to bleed it some more.

underplay
Car: 1994 G20 Infiniti

NSR_s30, from my perspective it was not hydraulic. It ran fine for the first couple of months and now its acting up, I also forgot to mention a couple of things that could be related to the problem.

When the car first starts up, it idles kind of loudly for a couple of seconds then the sound lowers and it sounds just fine, kind of like a loud vibration, i dont think anything is loose because it drives fine at high speeds.

Maybe once my girlfriend gets back from visiting her family I can post a video of the car starting up...Everything would be a lot easier if I was home around my dad's nice garage :D But unfortunately im in a apartment with not much room to do any work.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

It's not hydraulic.

Hopefully you won't have to rip it apart to find what's loose.

The video may be helpful, can't hurt.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”