1993 Infiniti J30 BCM Location?

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
TexRodeo
Car: 2018 Nissan Altima SR Special Edition Sedan
82k miles

What an odyssey this has been with the security system in my '93 J30. OK here is the latest; I have replaced the remote control unit in the trunk to address an issue with the dome light staying on when the trunk lid is fully closed. So I called a local infiniti Specialty shop and told the man that I am unable to program my Keyless Entry Remote (FOB) since replacing the remote control unit, utilizing the standard programming procedure. He seems to think that the Body control module (BCM) needs to be replaced that receives the signal from the remote or FOB. He said that it's a small green box located under the left side of the dash somewhere near the E-Brake. One place online said it's located near the fuse box in the kicker panel on the driver’s side. The only box there was a silver box that turned out to be the Transmission Shift Control Unit. I guess my question should be where the BCM unit is located on this vehicle and does anyone have a picture of the BCM unit and picture of where it may be located under the dash? I have consulted my 1993 Infiniti J30 Service manual in the trunk to no avail. :wtf2: :gotme

HELP!!!

Thanks,

Larry

GerryO
Car: 1993 J30t
Pearl White
Black Interior

Don't know if any of the info here...

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/ala ... /1124.html

or here might help.

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring ... 0/788.html

NOTE *1 THEFT WARNING MODULE IS LOCATED UNDER DRIVERS SIDE DASH.
NOTE *2 ROUND GRAY PLUG TAPED TO HARNESS AT PASSENGER REAR SIDE OF ENGINE . SINGLE BLUE/WHITE WIRE AT PLUG. ALSO FOUND AT ECM (ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE) IN THE PASSENGER KICK PANEL.

TexRodeo
Car: 2018 Nissan Altima SR Special Edition Sedan
82k miles

Gerry,

Thanks for the information but that didn't help me too much. Theft Control Module and the BCM from what I understand are two different creatures from the Service Manual. Although the one thing that puzzles me is that they make mention of the BCM in several places throughout the Service Manual and in the schematics; but there is not a location of the BCM. ARRRGH!!! Well if anyone does have a picture of the BCM unit itself and its location please post it and let me know. From what the man at the local Infiniti Specialty Shop had told me was that the 1993-1995 BCM's are interchangeable to the 1993 J30. I would hate to buy one from the Infiniti Dealer and possibly have it installed, that would be way beyond my budget.

Larry

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”