1990 Nissan Skyline GTS4 AWD

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
soldieradams

Hello all,

I am currently in Japan and will be here for a few years. When I return to the US I'm thinking about taking a 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS4 AWD back with me. At the time when I come back this car will be older then 25 years meaning it is free of those pesky restrictions currently holding all Skylines newer then 25 years back. Unfortunately this is not a GTR but I'll be keeping me eye out for one of those. Is there any others reasons why this car would not be allowed into the US? Would it have to be modified still for left-hand driving? Any importation information would be helpful. Also, what are some thoughts about this car? Thanks!

tyndago

25 years or older is exempt.

If I were going to do it, the fixed costs are nearly the same, so I would go for a GT-R over a GTS4, however to each his own.

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ation.html

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ne-is.html

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Welcome to NICO, and to Radiationville...errr...I mean Japan.

Where are you stationed? I am former Navy (1997-2001) and was stationed in Yokosuka. I am now married and living in Saitama prefecture, Tokyo's north/north-east neighbor.

There are several military guys around the Tokyo area you can always hit up. Be sure that if you buy a GT-R, try to stay away from the lots that are near military bases as it's a good chance that those GT-R's have been beat to hell and you'll get charged way more than what it's worth.

soldieradams

Yes indeed, a GTR would be much nicer but those are much harder/expensive to get around here! I'm in Northern Japan (8-hours North of Tokyo). Thats good to know the fixed costs are nearly the same then, I'm just glad I wouldn't have to get the car modified in any way! Plus a right-hand drive vehicle in the US would be an attention getter.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Read "thief magnet." You can't have nice things anymore without worrying about some c*** sucker trying to steal it.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

soldieradams wrote:Yes indeed, a GTR would be much nicer but those are much harder/expensive to get around here! I'm in Northern Japan (8-hours North of Tokyo). Thats good to know the fixed costs are nearly the same then, I'm just glad I wouldn't have to get the car modified in any way! Plus a right-hand drive vehicle in the US would be an attention getter.

Misawa? If so, I'll be up that way in a couple of months visiting an old Navy-turned-Chair Farce buddy. His wife and my wife used to work together way back in the day.

Maybe we can meet up for a beer or two.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”