1988 nissan maxima power steering fluid reservoir cap replacement

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
anomius
Car: 1988 nissan maxima SE

First off i would like to thank all of you for the good responses to and (my right hand side tail light assembly) I must say not one person ridiculed me, This is definitely a quality forum. Now i have another really really painless problem. It would seem that my cap has worn out and is allowing copious amounts of power steering fluid to escape. I looked at the old cap and the 2 hooks on the side of the cap are worn down not broken mind you but worn out :P. I am wondering if anyone has had any good luck with a universal reservoir cap or if they know what years i might be able to salvage a cap. I'm hoping they didn't change the power steering reservoir that much over the years. Any help would be appreciated. for now i'm having to rig up straps and or tape to keep the cap somewhat on there. It is not pretty.

thank you in advance

a humble forum taker with nothing good to offer yet

lightsout
Car: 00 Nismo Maxima SE

i have nothing to offer you, as an owner of an 88...but thank you for being so polite.

WELCOME TO NICO!!! join the crowd!

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I'm pretty sure a power steering cap from any late 80s/early 90s (or even perhaps newer) Nissan should work.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”