1988 Maxima SE OEM front air dam

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
ATOMGUILD
Car: 1987 Nissan Maxima GXE

Hello to all the Maxima owners!

I have a 1988 Maxima GXE and am looking to add the front black plastic air dam to enhance her looks. The car has been in my family since new and has only 64K on it currently and bone stock! I know that the front air dam was originally package as part of the 1987-88 SE's equipment... or at least that's what I believe to be the case. Anyway, I have exhausted my resourses in my area and the local Nissan dealer cannot seem to actually be able to "find" that part - even to order it at an outrageous price.

I found one on eBay a few months ago but the seller never sent it and I'm out $50 - I'm pretty sad about it too... I am reaching out to anyone that might either have one for sale - or can direct me to one somewhere. I have considered that the part may have been a NissanUSA dealer add-on but still it seems strange that they all have it yet I cannot seem to get any answers as to where it came from.

Any help from you fellow Maxima enthusiasts would be much appreciated!

Thank you!ATOMGUILD (Rich in Orlando, FL)

Big_E-Dog
Car: 87 nissan maxima

well im going to the yard this weekend and if i see any decent ones ill let you know i need one too, if you havent had one on there previously youll need to drill holes in the bumper, 3 on each side for the side brackets, i ran my previous one without them but the brackets getd the lower air dam snug to the bumper, also look inder your front bumper you should see some large screws hilding the lower grill on see if you can loosen them up, if not then your screwed, some of the screws doubble as 17mm bolts, if you got those then your lucky

ill let you know tho shipping will be a byiotch tho, if you were to roll it itl mess it up so itl have to be long.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”