1987 Series 2 R31 Skyline Silhouette

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
SILO-31
Car: 1987 Nissan R31 Skyline Silhouette

SILO-31’s 1987 Series 2 R31 Skyline Silhouette

Hey everyone & hi from Australia. Thought i'd give some other people around the world a look at what we drive over here. This my 1987 R31 Nissan Skyline Silhouette 4dr. The R31 was the first skyline to get the mighty RB engine. My car came out with an RB30E 3.0L EFI Single Cam 12 Valve. Made about 114kw out of the factory. Great for destroying lancers. It also came with a Limited Slip Differential as standard. Please feel free to ask any questions at all.

SPECS:1987 Series 2 R31 Skyline Silhouette, RB30E.

KEY:

GREEN = CURRENT MODSModifications & Parts That Are Already On The Car.

BLUE = COMING SOONModifications & Parts That Have Been Ordered Or Paid For And Are On The Way.

RED = FUTURE REPAIRS/FUTURE MODSModifications, Repairs And Parts That Need To Be Carried Out/Installed.

CURRENT MODS:

Performance/Engine:Cold Air Intake.K&N Pod Filter.2.5 Inch Press-Bent Cat-Back Exhaust.98 RON Darkchip.Black Rocker Cover with machined NISSAN logo.

Driveline:Factory 5 Speed.

Suspension, Handeling, Steering & Wheels:Pedders Sports Ryda Springs.Pedders Sports Ryda Shocks.15 inch RG Design mags, hand sprayed black with polished lip.Firestone Firehawk Directional 205/60R15 Tyres.

Brakes:Stock Rotors & Calipers with unknown pads.

Interior:Resprayed black plastic interior bits ‘n’ pieces.Genuine Nardi Italia Black Classic Line Steering Wheel.FET/Axis Engineering Detatchable Boss Kit.Trust/GREX Derlin plastic gear knob.Black Leather Shift Boot.

Sound:JVC Head Unit.Pioneer Fronts.Clarion 6x9’s.

Exterior:Series 3 ‘Hot Plate’ Tail Light Conversion.Resprayed Black Door Handles And Window Frame.Also has a Non-Silhouette front bar.

COMING SOON:

Whitline HD Swaybars F&R - Saving!

FUTURE REPAIRS/FUTURE MODS:

Performance/Engine:3 Inch Intake and Custom Air Box.XF Throttle.Replace Lifters and install Stage 2 cam.Extractors.2.5 Inch Mandrel Bend Exhaust.Hi-Flow Catylitic Converter.Bee-R Electronic Rev Limiter.

Driveline:Exedy HD Clutch.Lightened Flywheel.KAAZ LSD.

Suspension, Handeling, Steering & Wheels:Replace Power Steering Pump.Steering Rack Overhaul.Replace all bushes with urethane items.17 inch wheels with a bit of dish, black centres.Camber/Caster Strut Tops.Cusco Front & Rear Strut Braces.Whiteline HD Swaybars.Coil-overs.Strut replacement of some description.Small Steering multiplier.

Brakes:R33 GTS-T Rotors & Calipers, possibly slotted & cross drilled.EBC Pads.

Interior:Black & Grey Justjap Bride Recliner Look-alikes.Bee-R Limiter Controller.

Sound:Rather listen to the RB30E most of the time, so ill be leaving it.

Exterior:Series 3 front Conversion (Not sure about long nose or short yet).CCS Skirts and rear bar.R31 house lip copy or an MFX lip.Left & Right Vents.Clear indicators & side ‘winkers’.JGTC/Super GT style carbon side mirrors.Respray, considering its so far away I haven’t decided on colours yet, but I have ideas.

Obviously, theres a lot to do. But im not in a rush to get it all done. At the same time though, I have my own personal deadlines for it.

Below are some pics of the car as of 06/01/07. They are a bit noisey, we had the asf/iso set way to high.

I hope you all like my car, feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.

Cheers, Tim.

rico05
Car: 1992 RMS13 w/ CA18DET

Very awesome.

tjmhillz
Car: 2001 Turbo Lexus IS300

nice car do u have ne pics of the engine bay??

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

tjmhillz wrote:nice car do u have ne pics of the engine bay??
Took the words right out of my mouth, where are the money shots.

Extrememly clean R31 my friend. That is probably the best looking one I have seen in quite some time. Get us some engine bay shots.

BTW...welcome to NICO. Just out of curiosity, where/how did you find us?

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Wasn't me!

I am considering a 2dr R31 as a future purchase......

I do like the R32 though, but there is something about the old school square lines of the R31.

Also, the XF throttle that Tim mentioned as a future mod, is a throttle body from a 4.1 Litre, XF Ford Falcon.IIRC they are quite large, and being an aussie built car, are quite common/easy to find.

SILO-31
Car: 1987 Nissan R31 Skyline Silhouette

Hey guys thanks alot for all the comments. I just came across your site and decided it might be nice to give you all a glimpse of the heritage of the famed monster. You'll have to forgive me the engine bay is very dirty, ill take a picture not long from now and post it up a bit later tonight.

Cheers, Tim.

NSR_s30
Car: '99 Ford F250 7.3L Diesel, '71 Datsun 240Z

I'd rock one of those.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Very nice and welcome to NICOclub

The body style is VERY similar to the 2nd Generation Maxima.

sean8564
Car: 1993 GTR Vspec, 1991 300zx TT Black , 1993 Nissan Silvia, 1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe RB25DET

Nice love the Dr30's and the R31's they are real classics and sadly not much love is given here in the states

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

There seem to be more R30s than R31s, I still see more 30s out there than 31s. I wonder what the build numbers were. The only 31 I ever like was the GTS-R, even though it's perfomance didn't match the parts list that tubular exhuast manifold was the sex. Your 31 is really in great shape though, your love shows though in it's state, very nice!

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Ahhh, the old GTS-R..... I had the opportunity to buy one about 5 years ago....

Manifold = hotShort shift trans = niceRarity = I like... Price was too much for not enough car.....

(I think only 800 were made, to qualify it for touring car homolgamation, but by the time they built the qualifying number of 800, they changed the rules to requiring 5000 be built.... and the R32 GTR "godzilla" was nearly ready for release, so they didn't bother building the extra 4,200 units)

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”