19" Wheels for Blue Rogue: Zentralle, or Konkave?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Alrighty; I've been carefully picking, picking, picking away, trying to decide what I want for my Rogue, and I've come down to the final two choices and am at a total dead-lock. What's your pick?

Privat Zentralle:

EXE Konkave:

It will go on this car:

Size will be 19" with 245s. I do not know the weight, but they should be similar. Both wheels are close to stock offset, so that's not an issue.

-Ed

EddNog

Here's a picture of the Rogue with 19" Zentralles, courtesy of Discount Tire Direct's preview feature--unfortunately, neither Tire Rack nor Discount Tire Direct carries the Konkaves:

-Ed

EddNog

Here, I 'chopped it myself with Konkaves:

-Ed

tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

I will choose Konkave.

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Dito

The Zentralle look to much like wagon wheels.

Rogue Man
Car: 06 Civic EX Coupe FG1

Ive been debating on wheels aswell. Im going to go with 18's and black with blue or blue with black wheels. What would look good? indigo blue with black wheels? gold wheels? etc? or Wicked Black with black wheels/gold wheels? i think black with tint and black wheels looks sick very stealthy. Blue with tint and gold also looks stealthy.

PINODY

Quite honestly, neither choice looks better than the stock design ... keep looking?

albertwang16

how much do those cost? I know it looks cool and all but is it needed? thought the stock ones are pretty nice already...?

EddNog

Looking to fit wider tires; plus, I wanted something in the 18-20" range in terms of look, and the stock ones are only 17". I'm looking to put 245s on these to reshape the footprint.

The Privats are only $200 a piece; the EXE are about $360 a piece, which is why I'm primarily leaning more towards the Privats. For the most part, I just wanted to check whether there would be a majority vote in favor of the EXE pieces. So far, that is not the case between this forum, another one I posted in, and my friends I inquired with in person (about 2/3 votes are in favor of the Privats, anyway).

-Ed

Rogueman
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Im with the privats dawg. They look elegant in it.

Is there anyway you can paint the privats in black and paint the rouge silver so i can see mine with it, i dont mean to jack your thread.

THanks!

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

I like the Privats better.

EddNog

For the most part I'm fairly unhappy with most of the options out there for 19" diameter, 7.5" to 8.5" width, +35 to +40 offset, 114.3x5 bolt pattern wheels. Most of the stuff out there is either way too blingy or way too truckish.

This isn't a body-on-frame hardcore offroader, it's a sporty AWD wagon--and judging by the February issue of Car and Driver, I'm not the only one who thinks so; Car and Driver said, and I quote:"The Rogue emerged as the sports car of the group, posting the quickest sprints to 60 and 100 mph and logging the briefest quarter-mile, backed by the highest trap speed. It was tied with the Toyota for the best 50-to-70-mph passing potential. It was tied with the Mitsubishi for greatest top speed. It delivered the best brake feel. And no other test ute surpassed its skidpad grip. Everywhere we nosed it, the Rogue felt light, nimble and better planted than anything in the group, and its steering was the most carlike, with terrific on-center feel, perfect heft and a sense of straight-ahead matched only by the Toyota's. That the Nissan topped our fun-to-drive category surprised no one--and all for the lowest base price." Also, "...the quietest at 70 mph, and its 170-horse four-banger was judged as vibrationless as the Honda's and the Toyota's."

That hardly sounds like a car worthy of truck wheels. On the other hand, this is no Autobahn burner, so I don't really want anything excessively aggressive, either (gloss black/polished lip FN01R-Cs come to mind). That's why I eventually wittled away until I got down to these two choices, as they are not excessively sporty/aggressive, and at the same time not overly blingy or overly utilitarian looking. If they look a lot like something that should go on a sportwagon, then it's exactly what I'm going for.

The competitors in that comparison, btw, were:Ford Escape XLT AWDHonda CR-V EX 4WDHyundai Tucson Limited 4WDJeep Liberty Limited 4X4Nissan Rogue SL AWDMitsubishi Outlander ES 4WDSaturn Vue XE AWDSuzuki Grand Vitara 4WD XSportToyota RAV4 4X4

I'd be perfectly happy to keep the stock wheels in terms of design/style, but I want something larger in diameter. I was hoping that the 2009 Murano would offer optional 19" wheels, but instead it comes with 18" for base model and 20" for top-end models--I had considered the 20" wheels from the 2009 Murano, but the tire options are not as good, so I shelved that idea.

I am definitely open to more suggestions though, if anyone has any, since one person alone can only cover so many wheels after three weeks of searching.

-Ed

EddNog

Okay, some new options:

Petrol Metrix

Petrol Octanes

Petrol Reach

Here's how it looks with the Octanes:

These any better?

-Ed

Rogueman
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Metrix for me. I love multi spoked rim.

EddNog

Voxx MG, anyone?

-Ed

SK240SX
Car: '90 300ZX

nice choice, but this is what i'm after, the 19" 2005 Infiniti G35 rims

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

I really like the Voxx MG a lot.

Can you photoshop the Petrol Metrix on there. That might be my favorite of the bunch, but it would be cool to see it.

Otherwise the Zentralles are ok, I don't like the Octanes because I think the spokes are too thin.. just doesn't look right to me with such a thin 5 spoke design. The MG are 5 spoke as well, but have a little more width to them.. look better.

But I still want to see those Metrix.. I think those will look sharp!

EddNog

Well the caveat with the Voxx MG is that it only comes in 18" for the Rogue. All the other options come in 19".

-Ed

Bababoosky
Car: 2004 Acura TSX A-Spec (mine), 2008 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD Phantom White (ours)

The konkaves look way too much like cx-7/9 wheels for me. I a originally was going for the Zentralles, but after making to the to bottom of the post I would love to see a chop of the Reaches. I am personally partial to split 5 spokes myself.

carz
Car: nissan rogue

here's what I am looking at for mine..can't figure out how to put in the pic

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...e=1pc. Low Pressure Cast&frontTireWidth=225/&frontTireRatio=60&frontTireSortCode=49751&image100Px=/images/wheels/oz/search/OZ.35th_Anniversary_100.jpg&brandLogo=/images/wheels/logos/small/oz_logo.gif&partNum=W01742204BDC&nonWinter=true&autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=Rogue+S+AWD&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=&grid=true&sw=1280

carz

I like these too http://www.discounttiredirect....12619

Bababoosky
Car: 2004 Acura TSX A-Spec (mine), 2008 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD Phantom White (ours)

Cars-

The first link did not work, and the second link only brought me to a general page of wheels, not the brand or model you were looking for. That is a great resource thought! thanks for the site

carz

Still can't figure out the pic but this link should work

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...Brand

roguemocker
Car: Nissan Rogue `08

I found these on ebay yesterday... you'll either love them or hate them, but what is cool about them is that they are the exact design we have on now, just in chrome (read the listing for details).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Just be careful with chromed wheels. I had some original equipment wheels on my Dodge Dakota, which had been chromed in the States. After one winter, even stored in my garage, the chrome started peeling off. I know it all depends, but I will never get real chromed wheels, especially here in Canada.

Paul

opie89crx
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue 2wd ORANGE ALLOY!!!!!

ok ill say do what you like we got a show car and everything you do is for you not anyone else and i want wheels too for our rogue we like all the wheels for fwd that is 20" and has a 6" lip but that is just what we like do yours for you

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

I have to say I like the chromed out stock Nissan Rogue rims the best of them all.

philipa_240sx

Some aftermarket wheels may not be compatible with the TPMS sensors. Although you can drive the Rogue without TPMS sensors, you will have a warning light on the dash.

EddNog

Alrighty, just put in my order for a set of Zentralles! Can't wait! Ordered up some Yokohama ADVAN S4 tires, too, so I'll definitely put up a review on those once I've put a couple hundred miles on them. You can expect pics, too!

-Ed

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

I've been modding my cars all my life...and literally lived by the adage thatwheels make the car....and I still believe that.

Now, in these days of the 18"rims and larger, I've learned a lesson inwhat to consider. My last three cars, I opted for the larger diameter wheels....and they looked great, but the thing that was very prevalentwas the decrease in ride comfort and the increase in tire noise.....you take away the amount of side wall height and it takes away your ridecomfort proportionately, the larger the wheel, the rougher the ride.

Since ride comfort and quiet riding tires were MY overiding preferences,and if I wanted the good looks of the larger diameter wheels, then I'dbetter buy tires that were as quiet and soft-rubbered as I could. Its ALL in what YOU prefer. (Remember, I'm an old fart (61) with an oldfart arse!)

Again, I LOVE the look of the larger diameter wheels and yours should lookfantastic on your Rogue, I just found thru trial and error that I preferredride comfort over maximum looks...different strokes for different folks. IfI upgrade the wheels on mine, I will probably be sticking with the 17's.

Good luck with yours...can't wait to see some pics with them on...then, Imight re-evaluate my preferences....who knows??

Return to “Rogue Forum”