08 G35X Overheating and RH Window Not Rolling Up After Jump

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
SpartyOn
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35X

Couple issues, both of which seemed to come up after getting jumped and giving a jump.

First, my car began overheating in traffic or when idle with A/C on after getting a jump. I've found out this is a common problem and for most people the fix was just a new cooling fan assembly. But after doing diagnostics using the FSM (thank to you guys) I've found out that neither of my fans is running whether idle, driving, and A/C or heat on or off. Before I purchase a new cooling fan assembly, is it possible something blew or got fried after getting jumped and this is what's causing it?

My other issue arose after I jump started a friend's car. My rear passenger window began to roll down by itself randomly when driving or hitting the window lock button and wouldn't roll up except for holding my key in the door lock. Eventually this stopped working as well and the only way I could get it up was by disconnecting the negative from the battery and clearing out the electrical system by mashing the break pedal. After reconnecting the negative it rolls back up and I keep it up with the window lock on, but it rolls back down if I unlock the window lock. This with the overheating problem has turned my car into a hotbox death trap on summer days. Before I take the door apart to reset the window motor or purchase a new one, does anyone have any other suggestions on what may be causing this problem or how to fix it?

Thank you!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Not sure about the overheating issue but sometimes it's an air bubble after a coolant change. Does not sound to be the issue here.

For the window, press the start key, take it all the way down then take it all the way up and hold it for 5 seconds. That should reset it. Otherwise, when that does not work, it sounds like a controller issue instead of a motor or switch problem since it's doing it to both.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”