???05 g35 coupe mods???

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
G35Luigi
Car: 05 g35 coupe 6mt

Lately ive been falling in love with the 05 g35 coupe :crazy: and want to already hav all the mods planned out ahead of time when i get the car. What should be my first mods for performance and what brands exactly? reasons for your choices will be much appreciated :biggrin:

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Welcome to NICO!! I had a 2005 G35 6MT coupe...loved the car! First, I'd recommend doing some searching on the forum...lots of great threads on mods. But the basic premiss is you need to get more air into the engine and more air out.

Intake mods: For the 05, it has the REVUP engine. It responds well to the Motordyne lower plenum with 5/16" spacer. That, combined with a short-ram intake will wake up the engine. I had the JWT PopCharger, but any would be fine.

Exhaust mods: First, I would get a decent CAT-back. Stillen, Greddy, or HKS are some of the best. The more you spend, the better the performance...HKS is awesome! I had the Stillen...Next, a high-flow CAT will open up the exhaust and give some nice HP #s.

Transmission: This one you need to be careful with...the cars use a heavy dual-mass flywheel and light clutch. I replaced OEM with a lightweight single-mass flywheel and stage 2 clutch. My plan was to get a supercharger eventually...but had a kid and re-evaluated things. The problem with the setup is the car sounded like a dump truck in neutral because of the engine vibrations (the dual-mass flywheel quells this somewhat). However, it accelerated like a rocket! I'm sure with a supercharger, it would have been close to my SRT8.

That should get you started!

G35Luigi
Car: 05 g35 coupe 6mt

Thanks so much man, i appreciate it. I deffinitely take all that into consideration. But one quick question that may sound dumb but i dont no that much bout engines so i wante to know what a plenum spacer is bkuz i still havent figured it out.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Not a dumb question. Check out their site for info, but the basic idea is that intake design has a flaw that can starve the rear cylinders of air. A spacer increases air volume into the plenum and help regain lost HP.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/ind ... e3b42b9ad1

ferniee23
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35

joe603 wrote:.

Intake mods: For the 05, it has the REVUP engine. It responds well to the Motordyne lower plenum with 5/16" spacer. That, combined with a short-ram intake will wake up the engine. I had the JWT PopCharger, but any would be fine.

!

Would the stillen intake w/z tube work with this spacer ? have seen alot of good review about it when combined with the stillen catback exhaust ? Mine is an 04 coupe

KyuubisBlade
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT Sport,
1991 Nissan D21 4x4 King Cab

Yea the combo works well together. I have an '04 sedan 6MT and I just recently installed the 5/16 spacer. I already had the stillen z-tube installed, and cleaned the filter(K&N) while it was apart. It makes a good difference.

Gilley

Other worthwhile mods are sway bars and 06/07 projector headlights.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”