03 G35 problem with hot start, only works while hitting gas

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
G35inRome
Car: 03 G35

Hello everyone,

Pardon the forum etiquette, or lack of background knowledge on the topic, but here is my brief story:

I've recently purchased an 03 G35, with 78K miles, clean CarFax, 1 owner, the only issue that I have found with the vehicle and which I was aware of when buying, was that when attempting to start the vehicle on a "hot start" it would not start/turnover and stall, the only temporary solution was to give it a pump of the gas pedal while simultaneously turning the key in order to make it start.

"Cold starts" work as they should.

I've been weaving in out an out of forums, going through recalls, watching youtube videos, etc. without a direct answer. I have seen that this EXACT problem was posted on this site previously, however, there was no follow up by the user in regard to the solution.

newb-hot-start-problems-and-introduction-t332429.html

Keywords of possible sources of the problem which have came up most frequently are: Fuel Pump, Camshaft Sensors (although I have no check engine warning lights on), and fuel hose.

Can someone please advise?

Rome

G35inRome
Car: 03 G35

Installed a new throttle body, problem fixed.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Don't know how I missed this...

I was thinking TB as well. Glad it's working for you.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”