02 QX4 rear stabilizer bushings

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
albert3029
Car: Infiniti G35x 2004

Hey whats up guys? I've posted in the past about my 02 QX having a wobble in the rear when I let go of the accelerator. I replaced my rear shocks thinking that was the problem, also because one of them had a leak. While replacing the shocks my mechanic found that the wobble was being cause by bad bushings on the rear short stabilizer arms. He explained that there are four arms two long and two short. The short ones are in need of bushing replacement. My question is that I'm wondering if this is a dealer part or can I just get them at a Pep Boys or something?? Mechanic told me that it's a dealer part and they might just sell the arms, not the bushings seperately.

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

MaximA32

It all depends on how the dealer lists them. Generally a part such as that is going to be a dealer only item.

jimmyzzer
Car: 1999.5 nissan pathfinder

albert3029

Hey thanks for the reply. So the suspension links are also called trailer arm correct? Those are the bushings I will need to purchase?

jimmyzzer
Car: 1999.5 nissan pathfinder

call them to see if the same as the pathfinder.those should be the one you need that say rear trailing arm.

albert3029

I also found this link for infiniti parts, it's described as a suspension link bushing. Looks different than the polyurethane bushing.

Called them up they said this is not the part I need. Recommended me to energysuspensions.com and they only have nissan not infiniti.

http://shop.infinitipartstore....&my=1

MaximA32

The bushing should be the same as on a same year Pathfinder.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

NSR A32 wrote:The bushing should be the same as on a same year Pathfinder.
it is.

97infiniti
Car: 1997 Infiniti QX4

Hey All, My name is Joe from Boston. Just discovered this site and was reading some awesome info. I have a 97QX4 and i've been having a ton of trouble with the truck wobbling. I spent over $800 and the problem still exists. I know the guy did not change the short stabilizer arm. We changed the struts in the front, stabilizer links in the front, and I just changed the shocks in the back. I still have the problem so I hope that changing short stabilizer arm will fix the wobble. I'm so frigging frustrated and broke!!!! By the way, how much did it cost you to fix the arm at the dealer? Thanks, Joe

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”