02 Q45 Mass Air Flow Sensor

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
robausti
Car: 2002 Q45
2003 I35
2003 G35 sedan

I couldn't find much info on this so decided to post for some help. My 02 Q has been stalling after start up currently has 128k and was running good until Spring arrived. The crank sensor has already been replaced now I am being told it's the MAF sensor and will cost $636 (dealer) to replace and will need the idle adjusted. I tried a local auto repair shop and price was the same after they added their labor. Any one have any suggestions on getting this repair at a lower cost. I really don't have the funds after shelling out for valve cover gasket, tires, tie rods all within this past month. Not to mention a water damaged basement after several days of nonstop rain. Any info on this part/repair would be appreciated. Thanks!!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Try www.car-part.com

This isn't a real common failure item, so a used part should be a very good bet. You should be able to get a MAF sensor for under $150 EASY. I saw them on car-part.com for pretty good prices.. nice thing is it's small and light, so it'll be something easy to ship.

You'll be looking for part number 22680-AR20A. Looks like 2002-2004 will be the compatible years, also the FX45 MAF appears to be the same.

It appears that you can get just the sensor (not the entire MAF), for much cheaper. I'm not exactly sure how that works, but something to check into.

robausti
Car: 2002 Q45
2003 I35
2003 G35 sedan

Never got the alert that I had a reply to my posting. Thanks for the advice. I also came across Infiniti partszone.com. The part is OEM and runs $449. Still debating on going with a cheaper used part or paying for the new OEM part. Just want to avoid any possible headaches down the road with this part throwing any codes. The dealer also mentioned the idle would need to be reset with the new part. Do you know if this is something easily done?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”