02 Q45 headlamp aiming/alignment - still looking for help

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
lmheim
Car: 2002 Q45

Hi again. After a few months of trying to find some information about adjusting the aim of my low beams, I have come up dry. The FSM is of no help at all and the dealership is giving me the typical "pay me and I'll do it for you".

So I am reaching out to the group again asking if anyone has specific information about how to adjust the aim on the low beams (and I don't mean the level controls). Alternatively, if anyone has a diagram of a headlamp assembly that would indicate where the adjustment screw/bolt that would be great. Or even a high quality photo of the back of an assembly may even give me something to go.

Thanks to everyone.

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

To get it done accurately,you need to take it to a shop that has a "optical aiming machine"- should cost $25-30 to have both precisely aimed.Shining it against a wall and adjusting yourself is just nowhere near as accurate.

Aquaholic21

Open the hood. 20.75 inches from the center of the car, just above the high beams there is an odd shaped hole...put a #2 Phillips screwdriver in there, it will go about 3 inches. This is your up/down adjustment.

lmheim

Thank you. I got under the hood this weekend searching for the adjustment screw. In doing so, I took a really close look at the low beam assembly in comparison to the driver side. Well, it seems far more than an adjustment is needed. The whole low beam subassembly has separated from the housing. I am going to have to go all the way and remove the bumper cover and headlamp, and hope I can fix this without having to actually open the whole headlamp, then resealing it.

Aquaholic21

Check with Infiniti corporate, they paid for my ballast a couple years ago as a courtesy.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”